When thinking of renting your property you will have to decide on where you stand with pets. The pros maybe you have a higher demand on your property where as a con may be the damage to the property that can be caused by pets. Here are few different pros and cons to help you make this decision:
- Almost 50% of renters own a pet so obviously it will be easier and possibly quicker to find a tenant for your property.
- Tenants who own pets tend to stay in properties longer as it can be hard to find other options that are pet friendly.
- You may be able to charge higher rent due to the demand in the area! So, research if other landlords or agents are advertising any pet friendly properties.
- If you allow pets it will decrease the chances of tenant hiding pets which could be problematic if you wanting to do inspections etc.
- Damage to the property, animals can scratch & chew carpets, wood floors.
- Anti-social behaviour such as dogs barking overnight or dogs being aggressive causing issues with neighbours.
- Pet Odours, this could be inside the property or in common areas will cause odours and may put off any future tenants.