Remember it’s important to make sure your property is looking its best whether its for the marketing photographs or for the viewings.
Here are some quick tips to help you prepare:
- Neutralise the decor by painting over bold colours and get rid of patterned carpets.
- Remove family photos and ornaments and use colour sparingly on a few accent pieces.
- Store excess and outdated furniture, books and toys off site. Help make the property look spacious to allow viewings to work out how they would use the space.
- Fix chips in woodwork, cracks in plaster, broken tiles or glass and dripping taps, and replace mouldy grout or sealant in the bathroom. All these small details make a huge difference.
- Clean outside and in, including all surfaces and floors, both sides of windows and ledges and cobwebs clinging to walls. Do not forget to tidy the front garden as that is the first thing buyers will see.
- Style and accessorise by making up the beds with fresh neutral linen, dress the table for dinner, turn on lamps and add flowers and fresh fluffy towels.
- The wrong lighting can make your home feel dark and drab so install brighter modern lights to make your home seem sunny, cheerful and up to date.